Training Manager is responsible for managing the hotel’s training function, including developing a complement of qualified departmental trainers and establishes a hotel system, responsible for identifying the needs of the Hotel and ensuring that the employees of the Hotel acquire the necessary skills to perform their duties according to the demands of the hotel.
- Support General Manager and Human Resources Director in meeting the strategic goals of culture building and establishment by professional, advisory and executive way.
- Ensure that all new associates attend the Hotel Orientation program
- Conduct training needs analysis of the hotel and departments.
- Associate with Department Heads to develop departmental on the job training schedules that meet departmental operating objectives.
- Develop and implement training programs to meet specific department/hotel needs.
- Establish a training library of books, videos, journals and resources to assist trainer and staff development.
- Prepare and administer the training calendar on monthly basis.
- Ensure all staff receives ongoing training in Wyndham Corporate Training Programs.
- Facilitate management training programs.
- Source and obtain specialist assistance to conduct training when needed.
- Monitor all training activities conducted on and off site.
- Evaluate training effectiveness by attending as many training sessions as possible.
- Liaise with training consultant conducting hospitality training courses.
- Maintain an up to date record of suppliers of training resources.
- Prepare training budget to meet the business goal.
- Administer the training budget and purchase training materials as required.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of departmental trainers and set up training system.
- Ensure that all associates comply with the grooming and uniform standards.
- Create a learning organization and resources library
- Promote by example the principles of “Count On Me” and “I AM”.
- Assist in hotel Recognition Program.
- Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
- Manage the administration of trainees and apprentices on the property
- Keep good relationship with vocational schools.
Abilities / Key Competencies / Skills:
- Good communication skills both in English and Chinese.
- Good written and oral English skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills.
Education / Certificates / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Human Resources or Education or English major.
- 3 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.