Spa & Recreation Manager is responsible for the operation of the SPA and Health Club and ensuring that it achieves the highest levels of financial return and guest & employee satisfaction.
- Monitor SPA and Recreation personnel to ensure all guests and internal customers receive prompt and courteous service.
- Maintain open channels of communication with other department heads and the General Manager or the General Manager’s designate.
- Establish and maintain effective human relations and works with human resources to ensure that team members’ performance is effectively managed.
- Maintain appropriate standards for dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance, posture and conduct of SPA and Recreation personnel.
- Implement and control SPA and Recreation procedures that provide for the health and safety of personnel and guests, such as lost and found service, first aid, security and emergency procedures and environmental procedures.
- Prepare efficient work schedule for SPA and Recreation Staff, arranging holidays and vacation, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts.
- Implement Career Development program within SPA and Recreation department.
- Control and monitors departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
- Contribute to pricing decisions.
- Planning of departmental goals as they relate to the wider hotel strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Understand and anticipates customer’s needs, takes action to address customer needs and strives to exceed customer expectation.
- Work with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs.
- Work with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
- Complete other tasks which assigned by the leader.
Abilities / Key Competencies / Skills:
- Good communication skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Problem solving and organizational abilities.
Education / Certificates / Experience:
- Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent.
- 5 years related experience including 3 year experiences in SPA and Health Club operation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.