Perform hotel security duties and procedures to ensure the safety and security of guests, employees and the property as well as the property’s assets.
- Responsible for the safety and security of guests, employees and establishment needs
- Report to Manager all hotel property deficiencies and safety or security hazards
- Initiate action to improve a hazardous situation immediately
- Implement procedures for security and emergency incidents
- In the event of fire, be thoroughly familiar with and guided by the hotel’s emergency plan
- Be familiar with location of fire alarms and fire fighter equipment
- Maintain the security system
- Conduct random checks of key registers in telephone room, banqueting, engineering, stewarding and housekeeping to ensure the hotel’s key control policy is adhered to and report on discrepancies
- Maintain a 24 hour surveillance of those areas that are frequented by guests and all work areas
- Carry out monthly fire inspections and ensure checks are conducted on fire panel, fire hose real outlets and fire barriers and all other safety equipment and ensure that all are in good working order and report to the Safety Manager any item of equipment which is faulty
- Maintain a daily log of incidents
- Conduct regular locker checks in line with Human Resources
- Check all packages and passes of employees entering and leaving the building
- Maintain a good knowledge of the liquor act and criminal code
- Prevent gambling, sabotage on hotel premises
- Ensure all outlets, fridges, cupboards etc. are fully secured when not in use or unattended
- Ensure no undesirables loiter in or around the hotel premises
- Ensure there is no obstruction to the loading dock and that unauthorized vehicles are removed
- Coordinate functions with other security staff or Police and other government Securities and promote good will with them
- Implement the hotel policies and procedures and advise Superiors and Human Resources of action taken
- Be correct, secure and courteous in handling any disciplinary or criminal case
- Be alert for any unusual packages, guests or vehicles and advise superior of same
- Be thoroughly familiar of the property layout, design, entry and exit points
- Make way by escorting VIPs and dignitaries when directed and direct traffic away from Lobby and other busy thorough fares
- Provide escort duty for money transfers to the General Cashier’s office or bank as required
- Complete other tasks and jobs which assigned by the leader.
Abilities / Key Competencies / Skills:
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of local laws, investigation methods, OSHA requirements and fire codes and life safety codes.
Education / Certificates / Experience:
- High School or vocational training
- Certification in safety and training and / or licensed as a Security Officer or Law Enforcement Officer may be required. Certified CPR, First Aid instructor and training in law enforcement techniques desired.
- 1 year of security and safety experience and / or military / law enforcement experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience