Assist AP Supervisor to produces all payment to suppliers, Corporate Office and related companies and supervises the accuracy of work of junior members of the Accounting team.
- Collate suppliers documentation for processing, matching invoices and delivery dockets with the corresponding purchase order.
- Ensure a properly approved (and issued) purchase document and a properly signed receiving document, both of which match the invoice submitted by the supplier.
- Review edit report from store man and check that general ledger codes are correct and check to ensure that invoices are totaled correctly.
- Ensure all credit notes are posted correctly to reconcile against suppliers statements and printed on the remittance advice.
- Balance receiving reports to stores.
- Reconcile Food, Beverage and General Inventory items and Food & Beverage direct items with Food and Beverage Control Department on a Daily / Weekly purchase Log.
- Input Information into the A/P system.
- Reconcile invoices to statements.
- Prepare cheque run for approval on a weekly basis. Cheques must be mailed by an employee independent of accounts payable function and paid invoices cancelled.
- Maintain cheque issue log.
- Cancellation of Invoices after payment.
- Reconcile supplier statements monthly with hotel records and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Maintain batch register and balance daily to General Ledger.
- Maintain an effective filing system. For unpaid supplier invoices the filing is by supplier code and for paid invoices by month which the invoices were paid. Records must be retained for auditing and tax purposes for up to ten years.
- Answer all reasonable supplier requests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Produce and review monthly A/P Distribution report and perform the A/P month end close.
- Prepare Accruals Journal at month end for regular suppliers and delivery dockets not paid for amounts greater than RMB 500.00.
- Complete all supplier credit applications.
Abilities / Key Competencies / Skills:
- Good Communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills.
Education / Certificates / Experience:
- Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 1 year accounting experience which included reconciliation, cash management, payables, and/or receivables or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Professional accounting certifications may requested by local laws and regulations.