Executive Chef manage all kitchen operations including Stewarding operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, staff training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which meets customer’s expectations. Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
- Manage all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum departmental profit.
- Manage all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum quality level of food production and sanitation.
- Oversee special events and special food promotions.
- Make recipes and maintains up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Develop new dishes and products, develop and writes standard recipes.
- Take steps to ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Control and analyze, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
- Sales, costs, issuing of food, quality and presentation of food products, condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment, guest satisfaction, marketing.
- Develop with the Training Manager training plans, develops training material in accordance with Wyndham guidelines and implement training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
- Develop with the Director of Food and Beverage popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with Wyndham guidelines.
- Plan and organize with the Director of Food and Beverage successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and overseas.
- Attend and participate to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar.
- Keep an up-dated Hotel Policies and Procedures file and up-dated files on the following Food Production matters:
- Recipes, finance, standards, personnel and Training, outlets, promotions, meetings, projects, material and equipment, miscellaneous.
- Set Food Production and stewarding goals and develops strategies, procedures and policies.
- Determine with the Finance Director the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
- Set standards of all food and equipment purchases in accordance with Wyndham guidelines.
- Monitor local competitors and compare their operation with the hotel Food and Beverage operation.
- Work with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs.
- Work with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
- Complete the other tasks and jobs which assigned by the leader.
Abilities / Key Competencies / Skills
- Good communication skills both English and Chinese.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills.
Education / Certificates / Experience
- Degree or Vocational Certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.
- 5-year experience as a chef, with at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.