Direct all aspects of the front desk function to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction to hotel guests.
- Ensure guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Wyndham standards are being applied.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new department employees.
- Ensure efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service.
- Observe guest service agents, guest relations officers, bellman and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Arrive at workplace on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service.
- Review current day’s expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment.
- Review the daily room availability and inform staff.
- Check status of departures on a daily basis.
- Relay all pertinent information to front desk agents, telecommunications.
- Ensure all Front Office quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Ensure the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Responsible for the Wyndham Rewards membership program and ensure that all guests who are members are appropriately recognized, meeting all Wyndham standards.
- Ensure all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
Abilities / Key Competencies / Skills:
- Good communication skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Front Office System.
- Problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Fluent in English.
Education / Certificates / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years experiences in front office / guest services or related discipline including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.